The Rogue Festival, Fresno’s most uncontrolled performing arts event, returns to the Tower District March 3–11 with more than 170 separate performances from 40 performing groups in eight venues, featuring theater, music, dance, comedy, magic, poetry, storytelling, performance art and indescribable, unadulterated weirdness.
Founded in 2002 by Fresno playwright Marcel Nunis, the Rogue Festival is now one of the oldest and best respected fringe theater festivals in North America. The Rogue is an uncurated, unjuried, uncensored festival.
Performers are selected through a random lottery, and there are no restrictions on what performers can say or do. At a dangerous time when politicians are banning books, silencing teachers and erasing history, the Rogue Festival remains a fortress of unrestrained free speech that celebrates the power of outsider art to challenge society.
The Rogue Festival features independent artists performing their own original work, often for the first time. The Rogue provides a venue for artists to present their most daring and experimental work and gives audiences a unique chance to see new, bold and utterly unconventional performances before anyone else.
At the Rogue Festival, only the audience judges what is good or bad, expressed through word of mouth, reviews on the Rogue website and ticket sales. And best of all, 100% of Rogue ticket sales go directly to the artist.
Buying Rogue Tickets
- Get a Rogue wristband. A Rogue wristband is required for entry to every Rogue performance. Rogue wristbands cost just $6. You can buy your Rogue wristband on the Rogue website, at any Rogue venue or at the Rogue Store, located in the Chicken Pie Shop parking lot.
- Buy tickets with credit/debit at the door or online. You can purchase tickets to any performance with credit or debit at the door, starting 30 minutes before the performance. Or you can buy tickets in advance at roguefestival.ticketleap.com.
Rogue Festival Venues
- Dianna’s Studio of Dance, 826 N. Fulton St.
- Goldstein’s Mortuary & Delicatessen, 1279 N. Wishon Ave.
- Spectrum Art Gallery, 608 E. Olive Ave.
- Veni Vidi Vici, 1116 N. Fulton St.
- ViSTA Theater, 1296 N. Wishon Ave.
- Hart’s Haven, 950 N. Van Ness Ave.
- LAByrinth Art Collective, 1470 N. Van Ness Ave.
- 2nd Space Theatre, 928 E. Olive Ave.
For more information, visit fresnoroguefestival.com/.