1. Always be calm and cool; a bad attitude guarantees a bad outcome.
2. Remain silent; what you don’t say can’t hurt you.
3. You have the right to refuse searches; saying no to searches can’t be held against you.
4. Don’t get tricked; remember, police are allowed to lie to you.
5. Determine if you’re free to go; police need evidence to detain you.
6. Don’t expose yourself; doing dumb stuff in public makes you an easy target.
7. Don’t run; they’ll catch you and make you regret it.
8. Never touch a cop; aggressive actions will only earn you a more aggressive response.
9. Report misconduct; be a good witness.
10. You don’t have to let them in; police need a warrant to enter your home.
For more information, visit http://flexyourrights.org/10_Rules.